Saturday, May 22, 2010

A coherent post about my last day of high school

I'm forever and finally done. No need to live up to anyone's expectations except my own. I'm done hating every second of every day.

As I was walking away from school I decided to look back, and all the anger, hatred, and bitterness melted away. Sort of. My anger just became less passionate and destructive, and more fixed. And everything else gave way to a simple satisfaction.

Yes, like a fool and the final scene of a Hollywood melodrama, I smirked at my school.

Nothing matters anymore. I am bound by nothing. I have never felt so free. And this is a different kind of free. Not the kind that makes me feel like I can fly. The kind that lets me walk away from something, knowing I never have to return.

I am cleansed. Already, I can barely remember anything. My memories are slipping away like a stream of water over smooth rocks. (No, that's not a silly metaphor. That's quite literally what it feels like.)

The best part? I'm not going to graduation. So I really DO never have to look back.

Life. I'm ready to live.


It makes me feel damn good, Leeteuk-sshi. Thank you for asking.

1 comment:

  1. You're saying this now but you may think differently in a year.

    I was going through exactly this last year but right now I would do anything to go back and start high school again. I miss my school. A lot.

    And *hugs* Why aren't you going to graduation?

    ReplyDelete